The General Military Council (GMC) was established through legislation during the 1885 annual session of The Sovereign Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F.
Executive Committee of the GMC consists of:
– General Commanding – General John Roberts of Virginia
– Deputy General Commanding – Lieutenant General Michael Bowers of Tennessee
– Executive Officer – Major General Earl Wys of Illinois
– Adjutant General – General Clement Olson of New York
– Quartermaster General – Lieutenant General (R) Marie Greger-Smith of Indiana